Our Work Experience
Our mission is to reduce the skills gap by facilitating and assisting the provision of inspirational careers education to people under the age of 25.
Founders4Schools (F4S) was established in 2015 by serial entrepreneur, Sherry Coutu CBE, as a solution to the rising skills gap she saw in the workforce. She wanted to make it easy for educators to improve the employment chances of young people by bringing inspirational role models into the classroom.
We have created a unique digital platform that offers a free, simple and quick way for educators to book role model encounters either in the classroom or virtually, ensuring flexibility and accessibility to students without barriers. This supports young people to feel empowered and confident about their future career opportunities and prepares them for the rapidly changing world of work.
About Our Work Experience
WWF-UK, Villiers Park Educational Trust and Founders4Schools have partnered together to bring a unique work experience opportunity for 14-18 year olds. This is a flexible work placement in a company (virtual or in- person) to gain skills in sustainability and experience of the workplace across the UK. Through this opportunity:
- Young people experience the modern workplace and how people work.
- They gain awareness of the skills companies need them to have, especially important skills for working in sustainability to build confidence.
- They will gain access to learning about sustainability through activities on the placement as well as talking with and making connections with employees.
- They will be inspired to contribute to change in the world and to see a future in a sustainable career.
- Young people gain an understanding that sustainability as a career choice is not ‘niche’, it is featured across all industries and available to all.
All of our work experience placements aim to give young people experience of the workplace and develop their knowledge and skills in sustainability.
They may do this through any of these example types of placement:
- Insight Day – a taster day for a larger group of students, or tour of the workplace
- Block placements – a day, 3 days, a week or two.
- Extended Placements – one day a week over a term for instance
- Workplace Shadowing – working alongside an employee for a day.